Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Moving along

Hello everyone.  Hope this day finds you happy and as well as you can be.

I'm finally coming out of a bad flare up and a huge set back with my new knee.  I was doing wonderfully until early Feb. and then my knee went nuts.  Severe pain, swelling,no relief to be had.... all the tests look ok..... the Dr. has been wonderful and has seen me thru all this as well as my PT gal.  She has helped me greatly.  I had to stop PT for several weeks to let the pain and swelling ease up and it finally is!  Praise God!  We have a recumbent bike we are borrowing from my brother and it is helping a lot.  Very little pain with it. And with little resistance, not hard on the rest of my either:)

I've spent the past many weeks doing a lot of TV watching and reading as I can.  We watch lots of old reruns and some of the new shows too.  I like the original NCIS, Unforgettable, The Mentalist, and Harry's Law.  We just rented the newest (to us at least) Jessie Stone movie, "Lost Innocence" and enjoyed it too. We really like those movies.  We watch Blue Bloods too.... We don't have satellite TV so just watch what is on the regular channels.

I've recently found a new to me author also.  Nancy Rue.  She has a series out called, "the Reluctant Prophet".  I love how the books make me think and realize how we can live out our callings.....

And I always love the Jane Kirkpatrick books.  Very good stories filled with history, reality, and God's love.

I'm undergoing some additional medical testing (nothing to do with my knee) and hope to have some answers by the end of this month.  Prayers would be appreciated.

I have tried to keep up with as many of you as I could, but know that I've missed some wonderful posts....

Bless you all for being such a great source of support.

Still finding hope in the midst of it all,
Elaine

6 comments:

  1. So good to have your post pop up on my blog alerts. Nice to hear how you are doing too. Sorry about your knee. How awful when it went so well for so long. Was you body trying to adjust to something foreign? We like Jessie Stone too and we like Castle, the original NCIS, and a few other lighter type shows like White Collar and Body of Proof. Joel loves Tim Allen's new comedy, Last Man Standing. Joel just came in from a bike ride. I love seeing him able to be out there and ride so freely now. YahoO!!! I sat out on the porch..it is in the high 70's here today! Breaking records all week! I am going to look into Nancy Rue as an author I may like...I have been reading non fiction mostly. Hugs to you Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Elaine -

    So good to hear from you! I'm sorry you had so much trouble after your knee surgery, but thank goodness you are finally coming out of it. Those down periods are tough to get through. Winter is always rough for us, and this one has been particularly bad.

    We LOVE The Mentalist and are making our way through the seasons on DVD - we are up to Season 3 now. We love the sense of humor in the show, even though it is about murder!

    My son Jamie and I have been wanting to see Unforgettable since it premiered, but it's not On Demand (and is on too late for us!). Last night, we finally figured out how to connect my laptop to the TV and watched an episode on Hulu - it's very good!

    Hope you continue to recover so you can enjoy this beautiful spring!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Sue and Renee. Good to be "alive" again:) Pain is such a crummy friend.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the tests for your knee turn out okay (or that its something easily treatable). It sounds like a painful journey you've been on!

    Not to worry about keeping up with people. Everyone understands and we're all cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine, it's so good to see you back again! I'm sorry, though, that you've been having such a hard time. The pain sounds bad enough, but the disappointment on top of it sounds like it must have been hard, too--always hard to be improving and then go backward again. Well, good for you for improving again! Hope you heal very quickly now.

    I'll have to look into your TV recommendations. I don't have TV, even, but watch things on the computer with Netflix. They don't always have the shows I want available in that format, though.

    I'll be holding you in the Light re: your tests. I hope Don and your children and grandchildren are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elaine, I am so glad to see you posting again.
    Keep up the good work and hold on to the hope.

    ReplyDelete