Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Test Results and Ramblings

Happy Tuesday to you all.  I finally got all my blood work back.  And of course, it all (but one test) looks normal.  One of the blood coagulation related tests was abnormal, but that was it.  So... no smoking gun:(  I knew better than to hope, but what else is there for us but HOPE?? 

So, we plod along.  Wondering if and when the right test or meds or something will come into our lives and make us "well". 

There are a few other tests the doc wants to run, but I need to find out if INS will pay for them before I have them done.  He's sure that I have underlying infections (as so many of you do) and would like to document that. 

I will have my knee replaced as soon as the surgeon can schedule it.  It's causing such pain that I really can't walk much even when I feel like it. It interferes with sleep and my daily life.  The surgeon said I'd know when it was time and he was right.... its time.  I walked down a driveway last week at my cousin's house and nearly collapsed.  My knee began to swell immediately and is still giving me fits.  Sitting upright is the most comfortable position for my knee at this point.  And of course favoring my right knee has caused the left one to act up:(  Oh well, the sun is out today and I'm so very thankful for that!!!!!

Our daughter and family found a house they loved and will be moving soon.  I will miss them terribly, but they will be only a few miles away.  They are next door now.....  so nice:)  I am very happy for them. 

Rob's bi-polar gives him trouble and has been worse lately.  I so wish there was a way I could help him!  He's out mowing the lawn right now and that will help him some.  At least he will get some fresh air and sunshine!

I have so very much to be thankful for.  And at least I know now what "it' isn't.  And there is some comfort in that.  I was just hoping for something to treat and have go away!  I am sure you can all relate.

Last Saturday my granddaughter helped me plant some seeds and 5 tomato plants into containers.  I will try that this year.  Last year the ground was so wet that our garden really didn't do much.  The containers will be much easier to manage and care for.  We planted some veggies and lots of pretty flowers.  I am anxious to see them grow.  We even planted some cat grass for her kitties.  She was really excited about that.  She was a trooper and stayed on task the whole time.  She and her brother carried the pots to the spots I'd picked out.  It was really a fun time.  Of course I have been "resting" since, but it was one of those well worth it times. 

Hope and pray you are all doing well and that things will be better for each one of you.  I've been thinking about that song I posted some time back.  "I will Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns.  It gives me hope and sets my heart in the right place.  I praise God for all of my life.  Even the parts I wish I could change.  He knows my name and He knows my heart.  I am only able to do this because of Him.  How could I not thank Him?  Praying His love into your life today.

God Bless,
Elaine

4 comments:

  1. I remember the disappointment of all the negative tests. Waiting, hoping, that they've finally found something treatable. I'm glad you'll be able to have surgery done soon. Will you have it done before Mother's Day? Either way, it doesn't sound like a fun way to spend that special day. :S Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine, I'm sorry you didn't learn anything conclusive from your tests--even though I'm glad there's no bad news in them at the same time. So frustrating, though, and disappointing, like you say. We are always hoping for that one piece of information that will allow us to clear even some of the problem away.

    Your knee sounds painful--not what you need! I hope you can schedule the surgery soon. Oof--glad it's waited until after Rob had a chance to recuperate! Hope the sunshine does him (and you) :) both some good.

    I bet your granddaughter will love the cat grass! One of my friends used to keep a pot of that around all the time for her cats. Don't know whether the cats liked it, but it was green and lush and grew like crazy. I hope your flowers and tomatoes do well and give you lots of joy this summer.

    Your faith is such a beautiful and uplifting thing--thank you for sharing so much from your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelli,
    Thank you. No, it won't be done that soon, but I am hoping within a month. I do get frustrated with the testing. Maybe its time to stop for a while again... we shall see. I am just so thankful that your treatment is going well! Praise God! I appreciate your encouragement!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey,
    Oh thank you for your words of encouragement! I do appreciate them. The cat grass is already sprouting:) My gdaughter is 9 this month. I watered my pots today and the tomatos look good. Nothing else is sprouting yet, but its only been a few days. The sunshine is wonderful today. I was out as was Rob. Did us both good. I know I ramble. One of the symptoms of fibro/CF I hope... if not, well I'm just disjointed:) Docs say I have ADD too, but who knows?

    Blessings to you,
    Elaine

    There are many days that my faith is all that I have to hang on to. It is what keeps me going!

    ReplyDelete