Friday, December 2, 2011

Surgery

I just wanted to let you know that I'm having my right knee replaced on Monday, Dec. 5th.  It has needed to be done for several years now and this is not the perfect time, but I am going to do it anyway.  The pain has gotten to the point I'm not moving around unless I must.  It hurts so bad all the time.  Coupled with my fibro and CFS I'm miserable. 

I would appreciate good thought and prayers.  It will be a challenging month ahead for us.  Rob is already concerned about his ability to care for me... I will need assistance for about 2 weeks to move from bed to wherever.... PT will start the day after surgery and last about 2 months or so, depending on how I do. 

I will come home Thurs or Fri if all goes well.  If not, I will go to a nursing facility for a bit before coming home.

It's a crazy, busy time to be down, but at least I will be getting it behind me.

Please pray for my brother who is most likely having surgery on Dec 8th to put an L-VAD in his heart.  Without it, he is in end stage heart failure.  Hoping and praying it will go well and that he will make it through fine.  I so want to be there with him.  He's in Salt Lake City at the transplant hospital.

Thanks so much for being so supportive and loving to me.  I have found such a comfort in your blogs.

God Bless and Merry Christmas to you all!

7 comments:

  1. Best wishes to your brother... hope all goes better than expected for him.
    AND Best wishes for a speedy recovery, for you Elaine, and that you will move through all of this with ease. I hope that you can gather all the things you like to do, read, watch, listen to so that you can simply relax and recuperate. I'm sure this will bring you so much relief and freedom of movement down the road... good luck, and sending you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you this weekend as you prepare for surgery and will make a note to pray for you & your husband in the coming weeks. God sits enthroned above what must feel like a flood. May you have His peace as you go through your surgery & as you love your brother from a distance. Rest in the shadow of the Sovereign Almighty, dear one. He loves you. He is Emmanuel - God with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be praying for you Elaine...and for your husband and for your brother. December is a month filled with change and stress and lets pray healing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for your surgery, Elaine, and for your brother's. I hope they accomplish the healing you both need! And warm wishes to Rob, too, who cares for you so much.

    How wonderful it will be for you to get rid of that one source of pain at least! Blessings on you now and through your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Donna, Deb, Renee, and Stacy. I sure appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

    I know I will feel better after it heals up. Bone on bone gets old:(

    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Donna, Deb, Renee, and Stacy. I sure appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

    I know I will feel better after it heals up. Bone on bone gets old:(

    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just thinking about you today, Elaine--hope the surgery went well and that the recovery goes according to schedule. It can't be much fun today, but I hope you're out of pain soon and doing better!

    ReplyDelete