Friday, April 13, 2012

A day to share

I so wish you could see what I'm looking at right now.  Our sliding glass door is open and since the dogs ruined the screen last year, there isn't one on it.  Our little dog is sitting just inside the doorway and he's watching the birds come and go on the feeders.  They are only about 8-10 feet outside the door themselves.  The birds aren't afraid of him at all and he's sitting so very still.  He has no plans to chase them like our big dog does.  I'd take a pix, but hubby's camera is so heavy I cant do it:(  The grass is growing so fast you can almost hear it.  The tiny daisys are up and blooming in the grass.  I love them.  They have been here all my life. 

Farm equipment and cars and trucks are driving by, but not yet rush hour, so not too much traffic yet.  The electric company that is moving poles (for the new bridge and roadway) have gone home for the day, so that particular noise is gone.  They were stopping traffic in front of our home most of the day today.  Interesting noises:)

I'd like to share a quote with you that came from an author I read.  It spoke so clearly to me that it nearly made me jump when I read it the first time. 
Nancy Rue

Bishop Hee-Soo Jung (Methodist, Chicago) says we need to 'Curl up under the powerful grace of God' rather than strive for what we can do. It sounds like a kind of wonderful Divine nap we all need to take, you think? .
Nancy posted it on FB and I asked to be sure I could share it.  I know public domain and all, but didn't want to quote the Bishop without asking. 

So many days I find myself fighting against what is.  This life I have is real and it is what it is.  Yes, I can do many things to stay as healthy as possible.  I do my best.  But oh the days of wanting more.  Wanting what I've lost and having what I don't.  Looking to those who "can" and being jealous and angry at times.  I also heard Joyce Meyers last night and she spoke to doing what we can.  Not what others can.  That rang very true to me too.  Doing what we can is worship and a blessing.  Trying to do what others are called to do is not.  I can't memorize scripture.  I love to sing, but stand back:)  I do make a joyful noise to the Lord!  I can't jump on a plane and fly to be with my brother.  My siblings can.  I can't exercise like the surgeon wants me to.  I CAN however, love with my whole heart.  Pray, encourage, and just be.  (Most of the time).  Some days, I can just be while in bed---resting, waiting, and knowing that God is in control.  I so often don't have the energy to do any more than that.  So, in Jesus, that is enough.  I am enough with HIM. 

I still struggle with what I'm "called to do or be", but am getting better at being present where I am right now and doing all I can at the moment.  Sometimes it is thinking of each of the people who are in my life.  Or praying for those I hear about who need prayers.  Sometimes its' laying very still and taking one breath after another. 

Curled up under the Grace of God.  That is indeed a very good place to be!

Hope and pray you all have time today to do just that!

Love and Blessings,
Elaine

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Elaine...so heartfelt...so glad you shared it with us. I love the quote you mentioned. A wonderful visual and important words to remember. Hugs to you friend...hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine, your description of the little dog watching the birds just sounds adorable--who knows what really goes on in those little heads? Thanks for sharing that wonderful quote and your equally wonderful thoughts. I may never have met you but still have such a strong sense of you as a loving and giving person. I'm always in awe of how much you give, and how much warmth you have to share. You're actually a role model to me, of how to still are about others and be engaged with them even while you feel horribly ill. Whatever God has called you to be, you already do it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, thanks so much. I need the prayers and am so glad you liked the quote.

    Prayers back to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy, I can't begin to tell you how much your comment means to me. At a time when I needed to be lifted up your comment came through.

    I so appreciate that! My heart cries to be a part of all that is around me. I love my family and friends. Many days it seems I am not a part of what they are doing at all.....

    I would be honored to call you my friend.

    Thank you again for the very kind words.

    Blessings to you today and everyday,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete