Tuesday, January 18, 2011

At Loose Ends

One of those days.... not enough energy to "do" anything constructive, but all sorts of energy to worry, fidget, and just generally be antsy.  Too distracted to read or play games, or work a puzzle.  Simply not able to focus on anything.  Too weary to do laundry or dust.  Too antsy to sit still, but getting up is so painful... erggggg this is not like me.  I'm seldom restless like this.

I don't remember having a day like this.  I'm sure I have though.  Does it mean I'm doing better?  I sure hope and pray it does. I do NOT like this feeling at all.  I actually want to pace around.  Maybe it's just the winter blues?  We've had so much rain lately and everything is so wet and muddy.  The dogs are mud balls when they go outside.  But it is supposed to be on a drying trend, so maybe we will see some sunshine soon:)

I have so much to be thankful for.  My house is dry and warm.  My family loves me.  Our community did not get hit with flooding.  I have all the comforts that I need and want.  I have my Lord who loves me always.  Why then am I feeling like this?

Do you ever have days like this?  How do you handle them?  I would love some words of wisdom from you today!

Blessings to you all,

Elaine

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine
    I am sorry to hear you are struggling with feeling restless and antsy. Not being able to focus on one thing is difficult and not unusual for people with CFS/ME/FM. I think that there is at times a build up inside from the long days of doing little and feeling frustrated by it all. I have Bartonella and Lyme which cause me intense anxiety at times..I do some deep breathing, affirmations, scripture praying, sighing...yep...sighing releases some of that, tensing and then relaxing muscles, stretches if you can handle them. Wish there was something to make it magically disappear!
    Sending hugs and prayers your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee,
    Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. Things are much better today. I'm not sleeping very well right now so that may have played a part in it too. I did a lot of sighing:) It helped.

    You are a blessing to me!

    God bless,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete