Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Desire of the Afflicted

Oh, how I needed those words today.  Psalm 10 vs 17."You hear, oh Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry."

I needed to be reminded that the Lord hears me when I cry!  When it seems I cry out and no one is there, He is there and hears me.  I am so comforted by that.  I pray you will be too.

Just when I think I have quit questioning "why", the doubts and fears surface and there I am again.... wondering.....   I honestly don't understand why "we" are sick.  Why bad things happen to people.  Why life throws curve balls that hit us squarely where we live. 

But as I read that today, I am reassured that while I may not understand, I am not alone in this.  God hears my cries and sends encouragement to me.  I am so very thankful for that.

I still have pain and severe fatigue.  I still have knees that need replaced and feet that need surgery.  My circumstances have not changed, but my attitude has.   I will rest and reflect and know that in His time, I will be better.  I will do my best to focus on Him and what He has for me to do.  Not on me and what I can't do.

These days in the midst can be long and hard.  Seek Him and know that while we don't understand now, someday we will.  Praying for you today.

Blessings,
Elaine

2 comments:

  1. So comforting, Elaine. Periodically the whys come up for me too, especially when I compare my life to others. Today I am trying to just say yes to God right where I am. This post has given me comfort in the reminder that I am not alone. Ever. Not once. Wishing you a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Renee. That comparing thing gets me into trouble every time.... I need to stop it!

    Hope and pray you are doing well today.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete